Read for 5 minutes
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur Contributors are their own.
The author is a Udemy trainer, entrepreneur, and digital innovator
If you have a business or want to strengthen your personal brand, using Instagram can make all the difference between having more or less exposure and, most importantly, sales. A potential ad visit of 32 million people is reported in Mexico alone.
50% of people are more interested in a brand when they see their ads on Instagram and 90% of users follow at least one company, which shows the potential of this social network. If you're looking to promote Instagram for the benefit of your business, I'm sharing 15 keys that will help your business grow, get known, and increase your sales in the long run.
1. Create ads. Ads on Instagram really reach those people who have already visited similar pages or have a real interest in products and services like yours, so don't hesitate to use them.
2. Make use of the local reach. If you have a local business, Instagram can help you reach people nearby through ads. All you need to do is optimize them properly and set a perimeter around your location. Optimize and win prospects for similar products or services.
3. Make sure your account is a business one. Do not miss the numerous free tools that the social network company makes available, such as the ability to access traffic statistics or generate advertisements. Set up your account as a company account and use it.
4. Make a memorable profile description. Create a phrase that will reach the hearts of your customers, always prioritizing the value your consumers will get from buying from you and using keywords that are relevant to them. Also use emojis and include your website address.
5. Capture new leads. Do it through an exchange: offer a digital asset in the profile's web link, be it an e-book, free course, video or tutorial in exchange for the name and email. This list of leads you are creating is worth gold in order to build a long-term relationship of trust with them.
Optimizing and attracting interested parties in similar products or services / Image: Depositphotos.com
6. Use #hashtags. They are used as bookmarks to help you find specific content and are a way to stay up to date on topics of interest. So look for relevant hashtags and use them in your posts. That way, new prospects will find you organically.
7. Answer your customers. Not only will this help you increase their interaction, but it will also help you learn what to look for and how to please them.
8. Post a good profile picture. If you want to enhance your personal branding use a professional photo of yourself and if you have a logo use it. The goal is for your customers to start associating your profile picture with your brand among thousands of accounts.
9. Make use of statistics. Any good strategy requires a measurement of the results, so take advantage of the statistics that Instagram gives you for free. This will help you know the ages, interests, and location of those who follow you. This is important information when making announcements.
10. Use the stories. While 86% of users use this functionality, only 36% of companies use it. Use them and when you have 10 thousand followers, redirect them to a website for them to visit and buy from you organically.
11. Generate video content. It's a good idea to make one or two videos a week, each at least 30 minutes long. Use them for IGTV and cut them to be offered on your profile in 10 minute installments.
12. Ask your followers. Create posts that invite questions to be answered in the comments. This way you get to know your customers better and your publications have a good reach as the Instagram algorithm prefers this type of content.
13. Make live videos. The algorithm also benefits from this type of content and has been proven that people like and share it, so use it!
14. Use Creator Studio. It's Instagram's own platform that brings together all the tools to effectively publish, manage, monetize, and measure the contents of your account. Organize yourself with her and schedule the publications for the next 30 days once a month so that you optimize your time.
15. Be consistent and persistent. Post daily or at least twice a week. Be sure to start with and maintain a good swing, this is the key to success. Don't despair that your account is growing all the time.